If you’re like me, then you’re always on the lookout for new and innovative ways to make your cooking experience easier and more enjoyable.
Recently, I came across a type of cookware that is quickly gaining popularity – HexClad cookware.
HexClad Cookware is a unique brand that has been designed to provide users with the ultimate cooking experience. The cookware is made from a revolutionary hybrid of stainless steel and non-stick layers, which creates an ultra-durable, dishwasher-safe, and scratch-resistant surface. This combination makes it safe for use on all stovetops, including induction, gas, electric and more.
But is this really the best cookware out there?
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of HexClad cookware to help you make up your mind.
- 1 Pros and Cons of Hexclad Cookware
- 2 Conclusion
Pros and Cons of Hexclad Cookware
10 Pros of Hexclad Cookware
1. Unique Design: First thing that distinguishes this type of cookware from others is its design. The interior and exterior hexagonal design provides more resistance to sticking and scratching.
As Chef Gordon Ramsay once said. “HexClad’s intriguing look and design, and its hybrid technology caught my eye about a year ago,”
“I use the pans at home, and the combination of stainless steel and non-stick functionality is amazing. It’s highly versatile and cooks exceptionally well. I’m excited to partner with the HexClad team as we expand the line of beautiful, high-quality products”.
2. Heat Conduction and Retention: Second big difference is in the way it conducts and retains heat. Due to the aluminum core, it can conduct heat faster and more evenly than traditional cookware.
3. Metal Utensils Safe: With most nonstick cookware, you have to be careful about what utensils you use. With Hexclad, you don’t have to worry about that. You can use any type of metal utensil without worry.
People usually mix metal with sharp utensils, so to be on the safe side, we recommend using cooking tools made of silicone, wood, or nylon.
4. Dishwasher Safe: If you are thinking that since it is nonstick it might not be dishwasher safe. You are wrong, you can wash it in the dishwasher without any problem.
However, if you want your cookware to last longer, we recommend handwashing it because the dishwasher can be tough on any type of cookware.
5. Oven Safe: Not many nonstick pans can go in the oven, but Hexclad can withstand temperatures up to 500 degrees.
And if you take a look at the handle, you will notice that it is made of stainless steel, so it can go in the oven as well.
So if you need to finish a dish in the oven, you can do so without having to transfer it to a different pan.
6. Induction Friendly: If you have an induction cooktop, you know that not all cookware is compatible with it. Hexclad pots and pans are induction friendly, so you can use them on any type of stovetop.
7. Durable: When it comes to durability, Hexclad cookware is known for its durability. The combination of stainless steel and aluminum makes it a lot tougher than other nonstick cookware.
8. Even Heating: One of the most important things for any cookware is even heating. If a pan doesn’t heat evenly, your food will not be cooked evenly and it can cause problems.
Hexclad cookware is made with an aluminum core, which ensures that the heat is distributed evenly so you don’t have to worry about uneven cooking and you’re less likely to end up with hot spots.
9. Warranty: Hexclad cookware comes with a limited lifetime warranty which includes a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Cons of Hexclad Cookware
Even though Hexclad cookware has a lot of advantages, there are a few drawbacks that you should be aware of.
1. Price: One of the biggest drawbacks of Hexclad cookware is the price. It is one of the more expensive options on the market.
When compared with well know brands like All-Clad, Hexclad is much more expensive.
2. Not Fully Nonstick: Even though Hexclad cookware is a lot more nonstick than other options, it is not fully nonstick.
You will still need to use oil or butter when cooking with it, otherwise, your food will stick to the pan.
3. Not Completely Non-Toxic: Hexclad cookware totally free from PFOA but it does contain small amount of PTFE. However, the amount is normal and not dangerous.
If you are looking for completely non-toxic cookware, you should check out ceramic cookware.
Overall, Hexclad cookware is a great option if you are looking for nonstick cookware. It has a lot of advantages like being dishwasher safe, oven safe, and induction friendly.
The biggest drawback is the price, but if you can afford it, it is definitely worth the investment.
Also, keep in mind that it is not fully nonstick, so you will need to use oil or butter when cooking with it.
If you are looking for an alternative to Hexclad cookware, we recommend All Clad cookware. It is a bit less expensive and just as good in terms of quality.
Is HexClad non-toxic?
Though HexClad Cookware is PFOA Free it is not entirely non-toxic. It is made with a combination of stainless steel and a coating that contains PTFE also called Teflon. PTFE is a synthetic material that has been FDA approved for use in cookware.
What is the best way to clean my HexClad cookware?
The best way to clean your HexClad Cookware is to use a non-abrasive sponge and warm, soapy water. Do not use any harsh cleansers or abrasives as this will damage the non-stick coating.
Why is HexClad so expensive?
HexClad Cookware is expensive because it is made with a unique blend of stainless steel and a non-stick coating that is extremely durable. Its superior construction makes it one of the most reliable and long-lasting cookware on the market. Additionally, the unique heat distribution technology ensures that you get an even cooking result which can be difficult to achieve with other types of cookware.
What is the warranty on HexClad cookware?
HexClad Cookware offers a limited lifetime warranty on all of its cookware products. The warranty covers any defects or malfunctions that are caused by normal use and will be honored for the lifetime of the product. However, it does not cover any damage caused by misuse or abuse of the cookware.
Can I use metal utensils on HexClad cookware?
Yes, you can use metal utensils on HexClad Cookware. However, it is recommended that you use only wooden or silicone utensils to extend the life of your cookware. At least don’t use sharp metal objects like knives as it can damage the non-stick coating.
Is HexClad cookware oven-safe?
Yes, HexClad Cookware is oven safe up to 500 degrees F. Therefore, you can use it for baking and other forms of cooking that requires putting the cookware in the oven.
Is HexClad cookware dishwasher safe?
Yes, HexClad Cookware is dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended that you hand wash your cookware as this will help to preserve the non-stick coating and extend the life of your cookware.